Sunday, March 13, 2011

Running away screaming

We had some good friends spend the weekend with us, little 3 1/2 year old Phoenix, Angelena and Peter from Regina.  Its always nice to have visitors, we seem to get a lot since we moved to this part of the country.  Had a great time visiting and catching up.  I showed them my studio and they didn't run away screaming so I took that as a good sign that I'm doing something right.  Peter commented that I seem to have a lot of interests and styles, which I can't argue with.  I explained that I have many interests and a relatively short time to inhabit this earth.  The painting above is an example of a "style" that I have been interested in for some time now and the inspiration for it came from the neighbours back lane fence.  Go figure.   I have a number of these paintings under various stages of finish.  I have used encaustic waxes and oil paint along with various inks to get it to this point.

No comments: