Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Barby Lake

Barby Lake, Mb.
I found myself reminiscing about one of my all time favourite fishing spots in Manitoba. Although it could be frustrating trying to catch those prize winning Rainbow Trout, many times I went home empty handed, when you were successful it was exhilarating to reel in those beauties. I got 2 Master Angler sized Trout out of this lake. The lake itself is beautiful, I have been here winter, summer, spring and fall and all seasons have their special charm and beauty. In this oil I've tried to capture the serenity of the place and also the fickleness of those Rainbows by depicting the one that got away!!

3 comments:

maalari ja piirtäjä said...

Loistava maalaus Darrell, näyttää aivan suomalaiselta maisemalta.
Onnittelut

Darrell Baschak said...

Thank you. There are many Finnish people living in the area, they came to work in the pulp and paper industry back in the 70's. It must remind them of home!

Jane said...

You caught the serenity of the place all right, it's a beautiful landscape painting !