Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Matters of the Heart

I wasn't sure what prompted me to paint this Oil, which was painted in August, but now I'm wondering if it was my sub-conscious telling me something about my heart. I've just recently been diagnosed with a heart condition and the more I look at this piece I think it is about inner workings. I often discover hidden messages and images in my work after the painting is done, and others find their own meanings as well.  I know we all should listen to that still, quiet voice inside of ourselves.

3 comments:

Jane said...

We should Darrell, you are right, that little inner voice that we often just ignore, should be listened to..always. Am having some health issues myself...and my little inner voice told me long ago, but I didn't listen. This said,love this piece , really speaks to me .

Darrell Baschak said...

Thank you once again Jane, take care.

Richard Baschak said...

Ah the heart....much could be said, and you my brother are much closer to this reality...but I'm glad to see the "matters of the heart," and think about you everyday, as always....love you