Thursday, April 25, 2013

Is Winter finally over?

Winter Splendour
30 x 36
Oil on Canvas
 Bill Shurniak Collection
I haven't spoken of my solo exhibition at the Shurniak Art Gallery which ran for 2 and a half months.  The gallery is a world class establishment that houses Mr. Bill Shurniak's private art collection which has been garnered together from his travels all over the world.  Bill has worked in Hong Kong and Australia for extended periods of time and still travels there extensively for work purposes. I was delighted to be invited to show there and received many favourable comments on my work.  There was visits from many parts of North America and one from Europe as well!  I think if our winter hadn't been so harsh there would have been even more visitors.  I had a delightful surprise awaiting me when  I travelled down to gather up the paintings to bring home.  Mr. Shurniak had decided to purchase one of my personal favourites for his private collection! I have posted the painting above for your interest. It was painted maybe 7-8 years ago when I still lived in The Pas, Manitoba and is a memory of a wonderful time my family spent walking in the forest on Boxing Day. This could be my last winter depiction for awhile, the snow is finally starting to melt around here and its high time.

1 comment:

Jane said...

It's a gorgeous piece , no wonder Mr. Shumiak chose it ! Congratulatios Darrel, what a great pleasure it must have been for you!