Monday, February 7, 2011

Revisions to an older painting

Some of you may remember this painting from almost a year ago now.  The last time I worked on it I was not quite satisfied with the outcome, I felt it needed "something".  Well today I got out my handy dandy pocket sketch book and made a tiny thumbnail or two of other possible solutions to my problem.  The painting above is the result.  For now I shall give it another rest and see if it speaks to me further.

                                                         Cold clear rushing water
                                              Golden light glimpsed through spruce
                                                               The forest sighs

                                                                                                                            Haiku by Darrell

No comments: