Thursday, December 23, 2010

Re cycling

Approaching Snow
This painting is a re cycling effort, something I do occasionally as I am not one to throw things out.  The options are simply burning canvases that are not satisfactory, cutting them up and throwing them away or white washing them and starting over.  This third option appeals to me because I have always been interested in texture so painting over a previously painted canvas reveals some very interesting textures and can add to the charm of a picture.  Speaking of charm, I am discovering the charm of Manitou Beach every time I venture out for my walks with Crystal and the dogs, or just by myself.  There is beauty in the simplest things.  This painting portrays an approaching snow storm coming from the south west side of the village.  Let me know what you think of it!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love your work Darrell and your honest and intuitive feeling about things. I look forward to seeing more post from you soon

Darrell Baschak said...

Thank you very much Suzanne, I am flattered.