Friday, December 17, 2010

Celebration of a Life Lived

The Red Umbrella
Tomorrow, starting at 10 am, many people will gather to celebrate the life and music of my sister in law Angie Tysseland.  We will gather at 3rd Avenue United Church in Saskatoon and remember an amazing women who had a great musical talent.  I commented to my wife Crystal yesterday how my grief could be compared to an ocean of waves, the big ones crashing over  and overwhelming you with wild emotion, never knowing when they will overtake you.  This oil painting I have posted is a plein air I painted near the Bessborough Hotel in Saskatoon while Crystal was with Angie for her first Chemo treatments.  It is a wonder how memories come back, much like the ocean waves I have spoken of.  If you care to, please come tomorrow and help us celebrate Angies life and accomplishments!

No comments: