Monday, February 15, 2010

Being Present


I have been giving some attention to the concept of "being present" with respect to being an artist. I know that when I am truly "into" a painting concepts such as time and even sound fall way back into the distance while awareness of the present is intensified. This acute awareness also happens when I am out of doors enjoying a particular place. One simply quietens all internal dialogue, become aware of the breath and contemplate what is before you. I have had a life long interest in eastern thought and religion and now I find that in my own way I have found a path to a spirituality through the practice of Art. The Lord works in mysterious ways indeed! The pastel above is my response to a wonderous dawn I witnessed the other morning. Hope you enjoy it.

No comments: