Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Golden Morning

The dogs and I managed to get out this morning before the snow started to melt to much, I want them to get some exercise before it gets to messy out.  I am fond of this little slough I call Wellington Pond but I don't know if it actually has a name.  It drains into Wellington Creek and is starting to melt in this extraordinary weather we are currently getting. While painting this pastel I saw a flock of Canada Geese overhead, what a sight and thrill to the ears!  I know that my senses become acutely aware of my surroundings whilst I am painting and truthfully, that is one of my greatest pleasures of painting out of doors.  It is like having a continuous conversation with my Creator, acknowledging this extraordinary gift called life on the planet earth, if that makes sense to anyone. I figure David Suzuki understands, another gift to mankind.

No comments: