Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Rock Paintings

Rock Painting Oil
I took a boat ride on Amisk Lake to look at some rock paintings.  The paintings were quite hard to find and frankly I was left wondering if they were the real McCoy, know what I mean?  It's like looking at cloud patterns or other naturally occurring events, it is in the eye of the beholder.  Leonardo da Vinci was a proponent of using these accidental images in his under paintings as a prominent part of the painting. I marvel at how these images appear in my paintings, maybe they are something that comes from the subconscious, bubbling up from down under like champagne.

2 comments:

Hanny said...

You gave such a good description of the painting, and all I can say is, "Duur, I liked it!"

Nice work, as usual!

Darrell Baschak said...

Hey, thanks Hanny!