Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Signs of Spring

  
Signs of Spring Pastel $175.00
As an artist and human life form I enjoy life and discovering new manifestations of it, particularly in the spring of the year.  It has been a long winter so when I start to see nature in the spring of the year I am amazed anew.  One thing that is visually exciting is observing the trees undergoing the wake up process.  One begins to notice how the tips of the branches begin to change colour, lovely pastel shades that gradually darken and change to the various shades of green we are familiar with.  Because it has been such a cold and drawn out spring this process is taking much longer.  I chose to do this plein air in pastel to celebrate the life and colour I witnessed yesterday afternoon from my backyard, it seemed appropriate.

No comments: