Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tranquility

Tranquil Morning
I have always been a dreamer, as long as I can remember I have been in awe of natural wonders of what is known as life on the planet earth.  I still get snippets of memories from my childhood of times spent in the raspberry bushes, looking up through the berries, branches, the clouds beyond and my grandpa as he picked and just being totally in the moment.  I can still hear the bumble bees and grasshoppers and smell the earth and the berries on those hot summer days. The door of their house slamming and Baba calling for me, probably worried that I fell in the river or was off on one of my numerous adventures.  I was famous for disappearing and turning up in another town, looking for my Dad (a railroad engineer who made frequent trips up to northern communities). I credit this wonder with my fascination with painting the landscapes of places I love, that being in the moment and being oblivious of extraneous noise that can hide the true beauty of life.  The pastel above is a celebration of just such a moment I had on Schist Lake, Mb.

No comments: