Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Utah


I'm back from my trip to Utah with Crystal and Michael. We had a fantastic time spent hiking and camping in some amazing places. I took hundreds of photos and managed to do a few sketches, but I plan on doing some studio work based on what I saw and felt down there. More of that to come. This is a quick watercolour I did at Bryce Canyon, where we stayed for two days. There are fairytale like rock formations and trees growing in the most impossible places, a very special place to say the least.

2 comments:

Hanny said...

I have been to Bryce Canyon before and thought it was amazing too. Great piece of art. I like that you can give a great interpretation of the canyon without trying to compete with it's natural beauty.

Darrell Baschak said...

Thank you Hanny for your perceptive comments. I was bombarded with visual information while down in that lovely state and the now I want to digest it and paint that.