Sunday, April 7, 2013

Variation on a Theme

I liked a similar approach to a recent painting so much that I decided to give it a go using different colours.  The original painting was produced from a quick charcoal thumbnail sketch, which I am very fond of.  I used a diluted mixture of viridian green and magenta to do the lay in for this one, followed by thicker applications of the same colours, with the addition of some orange. I like to erase paint with various tools, you can see evidence of this here and there.
I have been juried into the annual Federation of Canadian Artists National Open Show to be held in Kamloops, BC beginning April 19th.  Be sure to check it out if you are in the area!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I love this icy cold landscape with the great and unexpected colors ! Very special.

Darrell Baschak said...

Grazie Jane. Vorrei che la mia macchina fotografica avrebbe catturato i colori migliori, il cielo è in realtà un po 'più arancione e luminosa. Vabbè