Thursday, November 29, 2012

First Snow

 I'm having an enormous amount of fun with this particular painting.  It has undergone a number of rather drastic changes over the last couple of weeks and there is getting to be quite a build up of oil paint on the board, which is cool with me.  I am calling it First Snow cause it seems to fit (for now). If I have any regrets at this point it would be that I didn't paint it on a 6 foot wide canvas.  Suppose I could call this a study for a larger painting?

2 comments:

Jane said...

This abstract has a lot of similarity to the top one , only this is the winter version, really like them both, I find it so difficult to make abstracts, but it seems to come easy to you !

Darrell Baschak said...

¥es, I have to be in a special mood and place before they work. Study the
German painter Gerhardt Richter, I use a similar method. One can't be afraid of using lots of paint! Thanks for coming by Jane.