Saturday, December 17, 2011

The extraordinary thing about the ordinary thing

I watched a video made by a staff photographer from National Geographic magazine who stressed the concept of paying attention to the ordinary things in our life.  (kind of goes against the current trend in marketing methinks) I like this concept alot, in fact I love it and have lived most of my life following it.  There is much beauty in our backyards and beneath our feet.  The late Canadian photographer, Courtney Milne, made amazingly beautiful photographs in his backyard pool.  My brother, Richard Baschak, is a master photographer who elevates frozen water droplets into wondrous images that evoke celestial objects of far away galaxies. I am a humble painter who attempts to follow in the footsteps of past and current artists that celebrate the ordinary.

No comments: