Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On being Ruthless to be Kind

8 1/2 x 10 1/2 Pastel  $100.00 
This pastel is a re-worked version of a previous post.  After trying to flatten the warped paper it was drawn on I succeeded in smudging the pastel and was forced to toss it in the garbage or have at it again.  Being part Scotsman and Ukrainian I have a tendency to scrinch and save whenever possible so I opted to introduce the colour I was observing outside my studio window in an effort to save it.  I am happier with this result, what about you?  Seems appropriate to resurrect something dead in the spring of the year, ie; being ruthless to be kind.

2 comments:

Lorna said...

Looks like it worked. I 'found' the robins in the foreground. Nice!

Darrell Baschak said...

Thank you Lorna. Seems that robins are to be found bouncing around in the grass or pretending to be Kamikaze pilots careening across the sky! Love them regardless.