Monday, March 28, 2011

High Winds, Bright Sky

Looks like I am going to a Bruce Cockburn concert on April 3rd.  I haven't seen Bruce live in a very long time, I was still in my late teens when I heard him play at the University of Winnipeg.  The title of this painting mimics a favourite song of mine written by Cockburn for one of his earlier albums. On another note for those of you who are interested or who will be in the area, I will be showing some of my paintings in Vancouver at the Haiku Inspirations show in the Federation Gallery on Granville Island April 12th to May 1st.  I am also showing at the Old Courthouse Cultural Centre in Kamloops April 9th to the 17th.  I do have some friends and relatives out that way, pass the word around and go have a look as judging by the caliber of the artists involved both shows promise to be outstanding. What say you to that Scott, Michael, Nick, Chris, Suzanne? 

No comments: