Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Clearing Mist and Cherry Blossoms

Ever get a bit tired of winter and the gray days?  I have to admit that even I long for more sun and warmer temperatures.  I found myself thinking of when I lived in Chilliwack, BC; one of the first things I did once I had built our new home there was to plant a cherry tree in the front yard. Well, I have an opportunity to compete for a spot in an upcoming Art Show in Vancouver called Haiku Inspirations, which is running in conjunction with the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival in April.  It is a chance for me to dream away in my studio of spring and fragrant blossoms. The artist is asked to pick a Haiku poem that has been written by authors from all over the world and base the work of art upon it.  This painting  is my first attempt at the following poem written by Tito, from Kyoto, Japan.

in clearing mist
the creaking of a heavy oar...
cherry blossoms

No comments: