Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pond Lilies

Today, the 13th of May, it was 1 degree Celcius outside and it snowed like the Dickens! It is a very interesting contrast to see snow flakes and fresh green leaves, those poor delicate little things. I feel sorry for the birds as well, trying to eak out a living amongst the snirt (snow and dirt). Anyways, to pay tribute to more summer like conditions I have posted this little painting of lilies, one of my favourite subjects. Hope you enjoy it, and the weather where ever you are!

2 comments:

Aleks said...

Hi Darrell,I cant help it,I have to ask you,how do you make your photographs of your work.It seems to me like those darker ones are not so good in contrast and light.Or are the immages olso so greysh,if you understand what I mean?As they can be seen in better light.
Greetings Sandra

Darrell Baschak said...

Some of my paintings are based on dark themes. I paint what I see, take good photographs of them and post them as they are.